THE PERFECT TUSCAN HOLIDAY
ASK FOR AVAILABILITY
In Tuscany, there is a gem of a Villa
In the heart of Tuscany, there is a gem of a Villa, known as Il Filare, situated 4km from Gaiole, in Chianti, which was listed by Forbes Magazine as the most idyllic place in Europe.
This distinguished villa enjoys a proud 500-year legacy, both as an important farmhouse and as a lookout for monitoring the advance of the armies of Florence and Siena, as they engaged in complex power struggles that marked this sun-blessed land for 100's of years.
This striking villa’s thick stone walls, central courtyard structure, strategic hilltop position, and watchtower stand witness to the rich history of the territory.
Il Filare’s two hectares of secluded gardens are alive with vines, olives, cypress trees, and local herbs. The estate has a vegetable garden and produces its own extra virgin olive oil and spring water from its natural well.
The villa is set around a large central courtyard that can host events or special parties for up to 25 guests, with a stone brick pizza oven and a barbeque area.
DOWNLOAD OUR DETAILED BROCHURE
The heated infinity pool is ring-fenced from other areas of the garden and surrounded by wide open lawns with exceptional views of the Tuscan hills.
The villa is fitted with state-of-the-art modern conveniences and amenities, such as solar panels, underfoot heating powered by a wood bio-mass system, and AC throughout the entire villa.
This spacious 600 sqm villa, is a luxurious family home with 7 bedrooms & en-suite bathrooms that can comfortably accommodate up to 14 guests. Two more bedrooms will be available by 2023, in the charming cottage adjacent to the main villa, and will accommodate 4 guests.
A large, bright fully equipped designer kitchen with a breakfast nook, a private wine cellar, a gym, and a games room with a full-sized pool table, a football table, and more complete the property.
We’ve thought of everything to make this villa the perfect family home away from home. You’ll have a full-time housekeeper, and house manager at your disposal, there is a remote-controlled child safety cover for the infinity pool, high chairs, cots, travel cots, a wide selection of children’s books, and films, as well as swings & toys.
This heavenly gated property with a private road is a unique proposition, for the perfect Tuscan family holiday.
- Villa Il Filare has a proud 500-year history both as an important farmhouse and as a lookout for monitoring the advance of the armies of Florence and Siena, as they engaged in complex power struggles that marked this sun-blessed land for 100’s of years
- This striking villa’s thick stone walls, central courtyard structure, strategic hilltop position, and watchtower stand witness to the rich history of the territory
- Villa Il Filare is perfectly situated as a base to explore and discover all of Tuscany’s key sites, with Florence, Siena, and Cortona under one hour’s drive away
- The villa’s large courtyard – can host events and special parties for up to 25 people
- Il Filare was once part of a Rocca which in the eighteenth century was one of the area’s most celebrated wine and olive estates
- Il Filare villa is 4km from Gaiole in Chianti which was named by Forbes Magazine as the most idyllic place in Europe to live
- Gaiole in Chianti is also the home of the international vintage bike race L’Eroica which takes place on the surrounding country tracks
- Visit the nearby charming Tuscan villages of Radda in Chianti, Lecchi, and San Sano, all with a selection of individual restaurants, bars, and artisan shops
- Local wine estates include Ricasoli with Brolio castle which was the birthplace of Chianti wine
- Visit the many vineyards in Chianti, tasting your way through the stunning antique wine cellars